Being a data-driven recruiter is hard. It’s more than just collecting and reporting data. You have to read between the lines and start to understand not just where the data comes from, but what it’s telling you and how you should react.
For example, if your CPC is high, but your CPA is low against the average, your takeaway shouldn’t be to lower your CPC – even if that is your gut reaction! You might ask, well why not? Because what CPA is really telling you is that your application process is optimized. On the other hand, if your quality is bad, with a high CPC and a low CPA, then it’s time to start running A/B tests to try different CPC’s – both higher and lower.
Here’s another example: You might find that by using the data, you can more effectively change your own internal behaviors, such as adjusting your titles to more candidate friendly options or pinpointing the actual day of the week your candidates are more inclined to apply for your jobs.
Our new whitepaper, How to Use the Appcast Recruitment Marketing Benchmark to Improve your Job-Ad Content, Bidding and Application Processes, will help you leverage the Appcast Benchmark data to:
- Understand the impact of mobile on your budget and candidate volumes
- Understand the impact of your application process on your costs to acquire candidates
- Baseline where your titles fall against competitors
- Understand how to adjust your posting behaviors to optimize for the most candidates without increasing costs
- Understand predictable market behaviors and how to outmaneuver your competition to win more candidates at a lower cost
To find out how you can take advantage of the benchmark and walk away with an actionable plan, take a look at our guide on How to Use the Recruitment Media Benchmark Report.