Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Effective January 1, 2023
What Information Do We Collect?
We may gather various types of “personal information,” which is information that identifies or may identify you as an individual. Some of this information is considered “sensitive personal information,” such as demographic information. We may collect information directly from you, during the course of our hiring process, or from other parties, subject to applicable law (i.e., references).
- Identification data: such as your name
- Contact details: such as home address, telephone, and email address
- Educational and professional background data: such as academic and professional qualifications, education, employment history, and CV/resume
- Demographic information: such as such as race, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, and veteran or military status
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: such as IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, and interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information you provide to us and the information we collect for the purposes connected to our hiring process, along with other legitimate business purposes, such as:
- Determining eligibility for hiring, including the verification of references and qualifications
- Alerting you to future vacancies for which you may be a suitable candidate
- Supporting our diversity and equity initiatives to report baseline metrics and monitor progress towards objectives
- Complying with applicable laws (e.g., labor and employment and anti-discrimination laws), or exercising or defending legal rights
- Performing data analyses
- For other lawful or legitimate purposes
Who Do We Disclose Information To?
As part of the recruitment process, we may share your information with parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliates, other employees, and service providers who perform services on our behalf. Additionally, we may disclose your personal information to governmental agencies as required by applicable laws.
Compliance with Law and Safety
We may disclose the information we collect if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order or other government authority or to protect the rights, safety, and property of Appcast, Inc., its employees, affiliates, or the public. We may also cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose information to the relevant agency in doing so.
We will keep your personal data for as long as is needed to carry out the purposes we’ve described in this policy, for legitimate business purposes, or as otherwise required by law. For job applicants, this generally means we will keep your personal information for two (2) years. If you become employed by Appcast, the information you submitted for your job application becomes part of your personnel file.
How Can I Exercise My Data Subject Rights
If you would like to exercise any data subject right available to you under applicable law, you can either fill out this webform directly or call us at +1-800-570-5430, extension 4. Our Privacy Team will examine your request and respond to you as quickly as possible. Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law, and we may need to retain or continue processing certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes.
You may be required to provide more information or submit proof of your identity for these requests to be processed and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. This information will be used only for the purposes of verifying your identity and processing your request. We may not be able to comply with your request if we are unable to confirm your identity or to connect the information you submit in your request with personal information in our possession.
California Privacy Notice
CCPA Consumer Rights
To the extent provided under the CCPA, and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to the personal information that we collect:
- The right to ask for a copy of your personal information which we collect
- The right to know the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected about you
- The right to request correction of inaccurate personal information that we have about you
- The right to nondiscrimination, which means we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights
You may exercise any of these rights by filling out the webform directly or call us at +1-800-570-5430, extension 4. Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law, and we may need to retain or continue processing certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes. Appcast does not “sell” or “share,” as defined in the CCPA, your personal information with third parties.
EEA, UK, and Switzerland Residents
Failure to Provide Information
If you do not provide certain information, this may prevent us from completing certain steps in the application, selection, and recruitment process.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the Privacy Team via this webform directly or call us at +1-800-570-5430, extension 4.